• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lpa whilst abroad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lpa whilst abroad

Hi all!

Is it possible to register a UK LPA whilst abroad? Can the certificate provider also be abroad?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Does the question relate to assets in the UK and healthcare in the UK? If not, you will have to understand the laws and procedures of wherever you are.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi, sorry did not get notification for this hence thought no reply! I only came across my own post whilst looking for the same answers.

Yes the property is in the uk, my family member purchased a property whilst he had a valid uk visa back in 2008. He is now wanting someone to manage the property affairs as he is getting of old age. Unfortunately cannot get a visa to come to the uk so wanting to register an LPA for financial affairs.
      ​​​​​​
      What I think (might be incorrect) as an attorney begin the application process from the uk. Send the lpa to abroad have him print, sign along with witness. The certificate provider will be from the notary public of that country, should he certify every page of the document or just the sections signed by donor and certificate provider (section 9 & 10). Also as he resides abroad, his home address will be of that country, the same goes for witness and certificate provider all have address in Bangladesh as they need to be with the donor in person.
      ​​​​​​
      I hope you can help provide some clarification as its difficult to find online and would prefer to do this without additional cost.

Thanks

Comment

I mention the address because on the form it asks for addresses and has postcode lookup. But because the addresses are all in Bangladesh (aside from the attorney address) I had to input Bangladesh address manually to complete those sections. The Bangladesh notary public will be the certificate provider and notarise every page. (as far as I'm aware).

Comment

I don't think this needs an LPA. A power of attorney relating to the property should be sufficient, and this can be executed overseas.

Ask a solicitor to advise and prepare the documents.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X