• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Making A Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making A Will

Hi all,
    Never realised making a will can be so difficult.

I started making a will using a company 6 months ago but never went past the draft stage as I could not understand what was written in it. I also found very little help when asking questions and felt being silly asking what the will meant.

I want to use a reputable will writer who I can see in person and I can clearly understand my wishes are in the Will. I just do not know who to use as wasted £150 already.
    I have read that I should use a solicitor?
    I am co habiting, we have a child, we are planning to get married, I would rather just go and get this done in registry like tomorrow to make it easier regarding assets ect.
    Anyway can anyone recommend any will writers?
    Also can I have written in my will that I wish a certain amount of money to be set aside for my previous 2 children to be given amounts on a monthly basis for my executer (partner/wife) to set up? But I don't want this affecting the children's pip or UC as they are deemed to be vulnerable I cannot give excessive amounts anyway.
    I would rather have a face to face meeting to set up a will.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

Go to a solicitor. Speak to the solicitor before confirming instructions, so as to satisfy yourself that you have chosen the right person.

I always made sure my clients understand my advice and the documents I prepared for them. You want someone who will do that for you.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X