• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How long does it take!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take!!

I am acting as attorney for my brother-in-law who is in a nursing home and unable to act for himself.

In early May 2022 my BIL's partner died, therefore the house that they jointly owned need to be sold so that her will could be sorted and my BIL would have finance to pay for his nursing home.

To date we are still waiting for her solicitors to put the house on the market, in the meantime in January there was a burst pipe which they have just had repaired but there is a lot of redecoration required before the house can go on the market, and the solicitor will not give me any indication when this work will be done.

Permission was given last June for the property to be sold but nothing happened therefore my BIL will have lost out, house prices have now gone down, plus there is the cost of the water damage that needs making good, plus wear and tear on the house plus the garden will be like a jungle now [if the house had been put on the market a year ago none of this would have happed].
    When I try and contact them I get no reply, and even my solicitor struggles to get replies to emails, phone calls and letters, and she does not seem willing to push harder incase she upsets them.

I am sorry but my BIL and I are the ones who are upset, this could have been all done and dusted 6 months ago it appears to me.

Any comments please.
    Tags: None

Forgot to mention that Probate was granted on the 4th January 2023.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X