• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is my estate an accepted one, online probate application, best legal advice service?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my estate an accepted one, online probate application, best legal advice service?

Looking for a great probate advice service to handle our mothers estate. We are hoping we can proceed as an accepted estate with a online probate application. But am I right.....is there a really good legal advice service that can hold my hand through all this?
    Part 1
    We think our mothers estate qualifies as an accepted estate as 1. mother died after Jan 1 2022 2. value is under 650K (3 estate agents valuations £525-590K and no other assets) and 3a. our fathers who preceded our mother did not use any of his nil band so it is 100 percent available for transfer and 3b. it is and was the main residence for our mother / father and 2 surviving sons.. We therefore believe we have no inheritance tax to pay with a £1 million inheritance tax total exemption? Is that all correct?
    Part 2
    We want to make an online application for probate to sell the house etc but as administrator as there was no will. I believe that is possible even if there is no will as I saw an option to do so (I thyink). The estate is not contentious. There are 2 surviving sons and no other living relatives
    Part 3
    We keep reading how it is very hard to get everything right and just one error can set you back to the start. We are looking for a great legal probate advice service who will do the grant of probate for us or hold our hand if we make the online application ourselves?
    Part 4
    Considering using Fairwill but does anyone have any experience with them?
    Tags: None

Consult a solicitor in your area.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X