• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sudden death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden death

Hi
    on Wednesday I had the police knock and informed me that I was registered somewhere as my dads next of kin and my dad had been found passed away
    the police officer said that the police were keeping his keys untill his brother had been told as he was listed as NOK on the tenancy
    they also said his phone and laptop and money was also being looked after and after talking to the lady that found him the money police took could be quite substantial
    The tenancy was for a council run retirement complex
    His family i didn't know as mum and dad split when I was very young I have tried to reach out to them but have been ignored but I do know his brother was informed
    I have now phoned the police 3 times and asked for the officer to contact me but so far nothing and I need to get in the flat to see if there is a will and anything like a funeral plan or something
    Where do I stand and what can I do as I've never had to deal with something like this
    Tags: None

I am guessing that as his brother is listed as Next of Kin on the tenancy agreement, he will be allowed in first. I wonder where you are down as NOK?

Comment

Update

I'm leaving police at moment and instructed a solicitor to get the money and items back and uncle is digging an absolutely massive hole
      he has now been caught out lying to my solicitor by saying im.not entitled to it but my mum is !!! Yet I'm sorting the estate out

Comment

Were your parents married (are they still married)? Did your father leave a will and what country in UK did he live in?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X