• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confused about wording on will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about wording on will

I give all personal chattels in my property or any leasehold property I own as my principal residence at the date of my death to my sister ..........(me). I give general power of appointment to my Trustees to sell or convert into money such property which is referred to in Will. I am not entitled to any share on the sale of this property as I am not a Trustee. Why does is say 'I leave my principal residence to my sister (which is me) when not true. Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Tags: None

You need to seek assistance on the will as a whole, and not a few words plucked out of their setting.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I think you should not waste much time. Visit any will lawyer and discuss with him all queries.

Comment

If the will says that you will inherit the house, then why do you consider that you may not inherit the house?

Comment

Does it not maybe mean just the chattels in the properties, if he perhaps owns more than one property?

Comment

"The essence of a trust of land is that the formal title to the land (the ‘legal estate’) is separated from the underlying ownership (the ‘equitable interest’ or ‘beneficial interest’)."
            https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-a-restriction
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

But we are asked to look at a couple of lines, plucked out of the context of the will as a whole, and particularly the operative provisions regarding property.

I bet that since the OP's first and only post 4 weeks ago she has been able to resolve her quandary.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X