• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trust bank accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust bank accounts

Hello, does anyone know which UK banks / building societies offer a trustee bank account?

Thanks
    Tags: None

They all used to offer them, but nowadays many fewer. They have different names.

Comment

I struggled with this for a long time and a lot of effort.

Skipton Building Society still offer a trustee account, there are limitations such as £20k minimum and all trustees must be U.K. resident but the rate is good.

other problem is must be opened at a branch but after that can be administered online and a cheque book is available including the requirements for multiple signatures to authorise a payment.

If you have a branch near you then great! If not, might be worth a journey as these accounts are very hard to come by.

I was told that another of the building societies are agents for Skipton, I THINK Yorkshire BS will accept applications as agents.

Any questions please ask, will help further if I can. Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks GEEBEES.

Comment

Hi Blue river

Skipton Building society
          have Trust/trustee postal account Google "skipton building trustee", if you tick discretionary on form i have been told you do not have provide any beneficial ownership details
          Cater Allen
          Have a full blown current Trust current account, the one recommend often by professionals, which can be set up with "dual authorisation" so all the trustees have to authorise the payment individualy, BUT they say there not offering the account to new customers they told me on the phone to open a personal account and then apply for the trust account. But i do not think its as simple as that as 2 months later i am strugling get personal account open poor communication, never got my ID back, told different things on the phone they said you had refered by an advisor to open even a personal account one page application form for advisor/reffers details ongoing saga
          Metro bank
          have trustee bank account, but it has set up fee and monthly fee
          Virgin money are supposed to be promoting a trustee account soon, they took over Clysdale bank who previously offered a trustee account

Skipton seem the low cost and organised, but its all postal, if want make a discretionary payment you have write to Skipton with the details of who you want pay etc

Comment

Sorry, but you want something which does not anly longer exist outside the accounts described.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X