• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Estate Expenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Expenses

I’m hoping for some clarity on a confusing issue regarding my Late Fathers funeral costs. At the time of his death the cost of his funeral was paid for by my Late Mother, my question is, are these costs deducted from my Fathers Estate and repaid to my Mothers Estate ? (Two separate wills)
    Tags: None

When she paid the probate fee, sho made a private contract with the probate contractor, and her estate is liable. That private contract is however a preferred expense on the mangement of her own estate, and her estate can be properly re-imbursed that fee from the original estate.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, although if I can just point out that My late Mother did not apply for Grant of Probate for my late Fathers Estate when he died in 2016, She died in 2019 and I as sole Executor and Beneficiary of her Estate applied and received Grant of Probate within three months of her death.
      I am joint Executor for my late Fathers Estate with my Sister, my Parents had one property together but two separate Wills, we are told by the Solicitor dealing with the application for the Grant of Probate that Funeral Expenses are deductible from his Estate but my siblings are refusing to agree on this issue amongst other things which is why I’m seeking a second opinion on this contentious and unacceptable situation.

Comment

My answer stands wheher or not she herself took out a grant of probate.

Comment

No my late Mother did not

Comment

Sorry I didn’t finish the message, but no she did not take out the Grant of Probate

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X