• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IHT 405 12F using "the sale price as the value at the date of death" question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHT 405 12F using "the sale price as the value at the date of death" question

Hi, in the instance where the estate is subtantially below the IHT threshold what is the best response to the "do you want to use the sale price as the value at the date of death" question concerning the property. I have already placed the higher end valuation on the form & even if the sale exceeds by £50k the overall estate will still be well below the IHT threashold. I assume there will be no penalties in this instance as the threshold will not be breached. So I wondered what is best to put in these circumstances from a process perspective?
    Tags: None

Which IHT threshold is the estate below?

What is the reason for submitting form IHT400 (and IHT 405)?

Comment

Use the sale price achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
        Use the sale price achieved.
        Thanks, yes I will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyMJS View Post

Thanks, yes I will do that.
          It is difficult to agree with the advice without knowing whether you have correctly interpreted the IHT rules and thresholds, and what the extent and destination of the estate is.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X