• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executors want to replace themselves with sons when they step down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executors want to replace themselves with sons when they step down

My oldest nephew who was named as an executor stepped down with a lame ass excuse to allow his father to weasel his way onto my mothers will with the help of my mothers attorney who he went to law school with.

My brother had the lawyer remove my name, put his and my younger brothers name on. I could have fired the lawyer, but that would have caused more trouble for my mother as she was dying, so I let the POS have way.

Big mistake as he's done nothing but cause trouble early on

He stated to my younger brother recently that when he and second brother step down. They're going to name their sons as replacements

The older brothers son who had already stepped aside and the other son who is a lawyer

Did a Google search, but it really couldn't understand the question I was asking

From what I understand. Only those named in the will as executors are executors and they can not pass their position on to others after probate etc. years later

So the question is.

Once they step down (or before). They can't name replacements for themselves can they?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

I believe it’s governed n by what’s called. The non contentious probate rules . I also believe there is an Odrder of priority . Next of kin . Bu5 I know very little on this subject so wait for the clever ones
    Last edited by Ukmicky; 24th February 2023, 22:04:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X