• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

deceased's funds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deceased's funds

HI, hope some one can confirm to me the following, after probate is granted can the Executor transfer any money held in the deceased bank account's into his/her own, or do they have to open a new account in their name as Executor and transfer any of the deceased's funds into this bank account, many thanks for any replies
    Tags: None

An executor would be very well advised to keep a separate account for the deceased estate, but I heard recently that some banks were restricting the opening of executor accounts (Seems very strange).

Comment

The accounting as far as Executors are concerned should be kept as Executor Accounts. If this is not possible, then do make sure that the account can show all transactions clearly as the beneficiaries may request sight of the accounts in detail. If the assets were then in the executors own accounts, then all of his/her matters may also be shown..

Comment

I was told by Barclay’s that it was not necessary to open an Executor’s account so I didn’t.

Comment

OK, but be prepared to show your on accounts if requested to show that all the funds of the deceased have been accounted for. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam101 View Post
            The accounting as far as Executors are concerned should be kept as Executor Accounts. If this is not possible, then do make sure that the account can show all transactions clearly as the beneficiaries may request sight of the accounts in detail. If the assets were then in the executors own accounts, then all of his/her matters may also be shown..
            could an Executor who is up to no good if using his/her own account to hold estate funds potentially use it to manipulate and obtain say a mortgage for themselves? The reason for asking is I have extremely strong suspicions this has happened, could this be possible?

Comment

Of course it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
                Of course it is possible.
                thank you for your above response, If the above in my post has taken place would this be construed as fraud? would it be grounds to take legal action to remove the Executor?

Comment

Suspicions are one thing. Reasons and evidence are what is required.

As you have seen, using a private account to manage an estate is not going to be that unusual on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
                    Suspicions are one thing. Reasons and evidence are what is required.

As you have seen, using a private account to manage an estate is not going to be that unusual on its own.
                    yes I get what you mean! I am aware of a chain of events re potential evidence, I don't want to say to much on an open forum!, many thanks for your reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X