• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Company refusing to Reveal Information to Executor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company refusing to Reveal Information to Executor

I am executor of an estate which involves a classic car. The car was paid for (at least substantially) by the deceased but registered in another name - hence the need to declare a gift. The company from which the car was purchased is refusing to disclose the purchase price. I have two questions on which I should appreciate advice:

1 - Is the price paid for a car protected under the Data Protection Act?
    2 - Is the company obliged to release the sale price?

Any comments appreciated.
    Tags: None

It may be that you need the request to be made by all the buyers.

Would a valuation of the interest of the deceased in this vehicle at the date of the gift be sufficient for your purposes?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have valuations that are quite different to what others are telling me. Documentary proof is hard to come by. However, is there any obligation on the company to co-operate with an executor?

Comment

If the deceased is not listed as a buyer, then they have no reason to reveal the price.
        I suspect that you may be being too precise on the valuation needed. What matters is the current valuation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X