• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

14 year old will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 year old will

Hi my mum died 14yrs ago we were estranged I’ve just found a copy of her will.

My daughters now in their 30s are beneficiary’s of a trust. They or I were never informed of their inheritance from the executors who were my mums neighbours.
    one of the executors has since passed away the other still lives at the same address.

The address to contact my daughters on my mums will is my address where I still live and we never received any notification of their inheritance.

What can my daughters do to try and access their inheritance or is it too late?

Any advice gratefully received thanks
    ​​​​​​
    Tags: None

See whether the will was proved at the probate registry, and that it is the same document.

Comment

is the will,of which you found a copy, your mother's final will?
      Was it properly executed and was a grant of probate obtained (check here https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate)?

Comment

Yes it was her final will and probate has been done and a grant issued by Leeds registry probate office.

Comment

Something should be done and fairly quickly. Your daughters were children when the trust came into existence and therefore limitation did not begin to run immediately.

Do not assume that something has gone wrong. It may have, but you do not yet know.

Contact the executors in a friendly way but confirm it in writing.
          It is for your daughters each to do something; it is their claim not yours.
          Is the value worth pursuing? Be carefui not to spend too much.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X