• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

beneficiary problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beneficiary problems

I am executor for my late sisters estate.
    A friend of hers shes known for 50 years but who has lived abroad in south america for the past 25 years
    is claiming items in her flat belong to him.His sister has also rang to claim items on his behalf.
    I cannot find anything that he's asking for and even if i did i don't believe he's entitled to them.
    He's not mentioned in my sisters will and nothing in her flat has his name on .He never lived there.
    He's constantly ringing my elderly mother leaving messages and threatening legal action and accusing me and my son of stealing Hes very aggressive and threatening.
    Can you advise me please how i can manage this.
    He says things are worth thousands of pounds but i can't find anything he mentions.
    Thank you

Tags: None

Welcome to the forum.

If the items claimed to belong to these third parties cannot be found, you should say so.

You should also make it very clear to these people that they are to deal with you, as you are the executor of your sister's estate, and that under no circumstances are they to contact your mother again.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Atticus is right in saying that these people should be warned off. They have no business in pestering your mother. Just let them know that the items they mention are not to be found and if they existed, then they may have been disposed of. Insist that all communication should be through yourself and if they persist in upsetting your elderly mother you will apply to the Court to obtain a restraining order against them. I hope that when they see that, they will stop or only contact yourself.

On no account should you allow them access to property or any documents. If you have further problems please contact this forum, or your own solicitors for help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X