• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can I find a copy of the Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I find a copy of the Will

Hi all,
    My father died around 18 months ago and my brother claims that he is the executor. Although in previous chats with my Dad before he passed he was to make me the executor - I am the oldest of 4 - 1 full brother , 2 half brothers. I have asked to see a copy of the will and a copy of the accounts etc but this has been ignored. My brother has since decided to let out the property to my half sister which I did not agree to as my half sister has never managed to keep a job, was kicked out of her university digs for not paying her rent and I cant imagine she will upkeep the property as is usual with a tenant. Additionally, I could really do with the money myself towards a home and things for my daughter, my Dad didnt really contribute much financially when I was growing up and i was mainly raised by my mum.. Finally, I dont want to be tied to something with three brothers when we do not get along at all - oldest brother is a bully and the two youngest just do what he says...
    What are my options? Thanks very much for your time and advice, its greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Condolences on the loss of your father.

You should first check if your brother has obtained a grant of probate.
    If he has (and he should have!) you can obtain a copy here: https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

You should also search Land Registry to see who is presently registered as the owner (https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry)

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

I have checked and there is no Grant of Probate

Comment

Did you check on ownership of the property?

You could apply to the court for an order under Rule 50(1) of the Non-Contentious Probate Rules 1987 that your brother (as a person with knowledge of the will) attend court for examination, and to answer questions and bring in documents about the will.

It may flush out the will,or it may just make relationships even more difficult

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X