• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor Issues with easy estate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor Issues with easy estate

Hello all, I am writing here in the hope of some advise about an issue that is becoming very frustrating for myself and wife, and we do not know what to do.
    Basically my wifes mother passed away in December 2020, the will had my wife and a solicitor listed as executors. We engaged the services of the solicitor in January 2021, probate was granted in April 2021.
    The estate is relatively easy with only the house as the main asset, and my Wife as main beneficiary. Our 2 kids were left £500.00 and her brother was left a £1000.00, which was all paid out last Summer since it was such a small amount and money from her bank accounts more than covered it..
    We then had an investigation by DWP which ran until July 2021, nothing untoward was found. The property was finally sold 3 weeks ago and the money apparently now held with the solicitors.
    Unfortunately we have had a lot of frustration due to a complete lack of any progress updates throughout the whole process, with the solicitors continually ignoring many emails and phone calls. We struggled to even get any confirmation that the house sale money was sat with them until recently. Since the house sale, we have pretty much been unable to get a conversation with the person supposedly handing the estate, we are constantly bounced around person to person who usually promise to look into the query then never return back to us.
    Currently we do not know when the estate will be completed, and the silence from the solicitors is deafening. We do not know what to do to get heard or get the process finally closed. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags: None

Your first step is to raise a formal complaint with the solicitors. Use the firm's foral complaints procedure.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did this yesterday, just wondered if I was missing anything else

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X