• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor not updating me on my late mother’s claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor not updating me on my late mother’s claim

My mother passed away of mesothelioma 10 months ago. When she completed her will 12 years ago as I don’t live in the UK, my mother was advised to appoint my sister as executor. My mother had concerns about my sisters ability and reliability to perform this task so was advised to add her solicitor as a second executor to oversee the process.
    The solicitor has just completed the settlement of my mother’s estate, however my mother had an ongoing claim for compensation with another law firm specializing in mesothelioma claims. I assisted my mother in completing the forms as I returned to the UK to nurse my mother until she passed away. Since I have left the UK my sister has requested that I am no longer involved in the case and the solicitor has told me that they cannot provide me with any updates
    My sister has now taken early retirement and is moving out of the area. My concern is that she will receive any compensation and not share it out as I would not be entitled to be informed of the claim is successful. She will not be providing me with her new address. I have contacted my mother’s solicitor who is also one of the executors and she informed me that the law firm is not responding to her emails.
    Is anyone aware of my rights to be informed if my mother’s claim is successful as a non executor family member beneficiary?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

I do not understand how the solicitor executor can close the estate when the mesothelioma claim is unfinished. Have you asked him?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I have and she said it needed to be settled as the claim may not be successful.

Comment

But it might be!
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X