• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor severed contact. Gained copy of will but itis illegible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor severed contact. Gained copy of will but itis illegible

Any help appreciated. Notified by executor at the begining of the year that I was a beneficiary in my late aunts will. Executor not honest, severed contact with me last wk, after telling me probate won't be granted until 2022. Through the government website I've obtained a copy of grant (23/9 probate was granted) and the will, unfortunately the will is illegible (poor handwriting and poorly scanned. What can I do?
    Tags: None

Hi DIW1707

How did the Executor tell you this? Letter, email etc.

des8 Mike770 Can you take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Regarding the copy of the will , which you presumably obtained through the online facility, i would write to the searches dept of the registry asking for a legible copy of the will. Send them (after taking a copy) the poor copy you have and ask them to produce a legible copy.

The executor is under no obligation to communicate with you, although it is good practice for an executor to keep beneficiaries updated from time to time.

Perhaps the executor did not wish to be bothered with endless queries and so told you a grant of probate wouldn't be made till next year.
      If that is the extent of his "dishonesty" I don't think you can do much about it.
      Or do you have proof of dishonesty such as fraud?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X