• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trust Questions - All help appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust Questions - All help appreciated

Hi everyone

I want to keep my questions brief so hopefully they can be answered.

Question 1.

Can I sell my portion of a life interest trust, where the life tenant has not died? If so, what’s an option to explore this?

Question 2.

I have recently been diagnosed ill, and want to ensure my partner (not married) benefits from my inheritance after I die. Because the inheritance is held in a trust, would I need to make a will that dictates this should be left to her, or are there more concrete measures I can take here such as writing to the probate office? Perhaps this is a question of what the Trust documents say with regards to leaving this to her?

Question 3.

Can the sale of a life interest be force sold if one of the beneficiary’s is ill and needs the money for medical reasons or to look after those closest to them before they die

Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi 1989

I can't answer directly, but quite a bit of info here (posted for info only) - https://ukcareguide.co.uk/life-interest-trust/

Comment

Thanks for this ECHAT.

Doesn’t provide any info I’m already not aware of or any seer my questions unfortunately, but I’m grateful you took time to respond and post the link. Have a great day

Comment

Peridot Hoping someone such as yourself might be able to shed some light here?

Warm Regards

Comment

Hoping someone might be able to assist here

Comment

Hoping someone might be able to answer these questions for me

Comment

Sorry to hear about your illness but your interest does not come about until the life tenant dies. In other words, you do not own anything to dispose of at all.

You obviously cannot force the sale of something you have no right to and do not own.

It is not so unusual to find that Trusts with a life interest will continue for many years and remaining beneficiaries die before inheriting. There interest would pass on in accordance with the Will.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X