• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is This fraud? Certainly Not Right!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The covering letter word for word that came with the Deed of Variation in December 2019, obviously not including names/address etc...

Date: 11th December 2019

Dear Mrs xxxxxxx,

RE: Your late husband's estate

I write further to your discussion with xxxxx xxxxx on the 29th November 2019.

Please find enclosed a Deed of Variation outlining the discussion that you had.

I would be greatful if you could take the time to read through the variation and let me know if this is a fair summery of what was agreed. xxxxx has read the document also and is content with how matters are set out.

I do not have address details for the children to insert on the first page and you might like to write those in for me.

If you are happy then you might like to sign the deed where indicated and get the children to sign also. NO changes to the address page will effect the signature page. Please do not date the variation at this stage.

If there is anything that you would like to discuss then do please say.

Yours sincerely,

xxx x xxxxxxxxxx

Encl. Draft Deed of Variation / Notes for signing

Comment

Ok so an interesting development today... I demanded a copy of my mother so called deed of variation today, as she is insistent that we all signed it? now myself and sibling 3 know we only signed a blank A4 sheet of paper...? Yet sibling 2 and mother state we all signed the same sheet? which they would here's the thing.
      • Addresses have been added in including the wrong address for sibling 3? even though he has lived there for 40+ years? - not on the draft
      • The date of 22 July 2020 just before the two year aniversery of his death have been hand written on?
      • Things have been slightly changed - to the draft I have recently received
      • I NEVER agreed with the deed of variation however my mother said I signed? - I did Not only a blank A4 piece of paper...
      • Also signed as a Deed by? - Which was NOT on the original A4 sheet?

Here's the killer - you can clearly see the lines on the signed page where someone has overlayed the papers/single signed pieces of paper to make it look like we all signed the same piece of paper... Now I know somthing is going on

For reference here is the cover letter from the Solicitors not including names and addresses

Date: 17th Dec 2019

Dear Mrs xxxxxxx,

RE: Your late husband's estate

Further to the message left with xxxxx last week I have amended the Deed of Variation as instructed.

I have amended x, x, x, and x...

I have engrossed the same and hope that the deed is now an accurate reflection of matters. No changes to the lead page will effect the signature page so when you are able to clarify the addresses please let me know.

It is perhaps worth noting that we have now received the stamped clearance from HM Revenue and Customs meaning that all is clear with them.

Yours sincerely,

xxx x xxxxxxxxx

Encl. Deed of Variation (amended)

Now am I am missing something?
      • If an agreed Deed of Variation, which it was not how can it be amended?
      • It clearly says, No changes to the lead page will effect the signature page?
      Now if all above board, why has it taken all but three years to get a copy of a very dodgy Deed of Variation, and WHY have I never seen it before even though I supposedly signed it.

Comment

It Gets Better, as per cover letter - Further to the message left with xxxxx last week I have amended the Deed of Variation as instructed.

My Mother has inserted into the Deed of Variation a Notional Will

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X