• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executors Continuously Delaying Payment...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executors Continuously Delaying Payment...

Hi All,

After some advice only behalf of majority of my family as we are at our wits end.

My lovely nan passed away in 2017. My Auntie and her son (my cousin) were appointed executors of her will. For context I think it’s important to note that my grandad passed away years before, him and my nan were never married and he is not a blood relation to any family members (our step grandad if you like). He died intestate so his half of the share of the house/estate will go to his living relatives.

My nan left me and my 5 cousins & 2 uncles as legacy beneficiaries and my mum and her 2 sisters (one is the executor) as residual beneficiaries.

For 4 years we have been told by the executors numerous reasons as to why my nans estate could not be dealt with/administered from the house was delayed being put on the market because my auntie had cancer (fair enough), a year later they then put it on the market but pulled out of a sale last minute due to “reasons they could not divulge”. The house finally went on the market in 2020 again and was sold. We were then told they couldn’t administer my nans estate because they “forgot” to put the gazette post in and we have to wait 2 months for someone to claim anything against my nans half. Half way through this 2 months we have now been told that we would have to wait another 20 weeks for the headstone to be completely fitted before they would administer her estate. Can they do this? There has been a lot more in between all this but I know in my gut that they are dragging this out but for reasons we cannot figure out why?!? All debts have been paid and there is nothing outstanding but these “issues” that keep cropping up.

Can we submit a letter before action to get things moving?

Please help!
    Tags: None

So if the only problem is the headstone then withhold from the distribution the cost of the headstone, with a percentage added for cost increases. The rest of the estate can then be distributed. Or even an interim distribution..

When this is over get one of the residual beneficiaries to ask for a copy of the accounts so that you can check everything is in order.

Comment

We have asked them to do this, but they are adamant they are paying nothing out until everything is finished and finalised but we do not know what else they believe needs doing as they will not tell us. That’s why I wondered where we stood from a legal standpoint to be able to get us out of this deadlock.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X