• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tying up the Estate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tying up the Estate

I have searched for similar but nothing quite answers my query.

I am at the end of dealing with my late partner's estate and it has been fairly simple. The Gazette notice has run and no creditors found. I have kept a spreadsheet of accounts, I plan to send letters to the beneficiaries along with the aforementioned accounts and a copy of the will.

One of the residuary beneficiaries is a child. I have already made arrangements for the money (it is a relatively small sum) to be held in the account the government set up for them with they were born. Do I need to include a form of receipt if the beneficiary is a child? How would that be worded?

And am I right in thinking that although solicitors would consider it good practice I don't actually have to get the beneficiaries to sign off on the accounts? I have been absolutely fastidious with record keeping, and am myself satisfied with their correctness. I am the sole executor.

My other question is related - if they do not have to "approve" the accounts, what would happen if they simply decline to return the receipt? In that scenario I am assuming they (adult) will cash the cheque. Is there any benefit in chasing the receipt if I have the proof of transfer in my bank account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X