• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House left in limbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House left in limbo

Hi, I'm currently looking into a property that was last owned by someone that passed away in 1994. I assumed it had passed to his son as his only living relative. I have been informed by the local council that in a very basic manor that essentially the son didn't sign for the property when his father passed. I have searched online for days trying to find any information on a will or probate but can't find anything. Is it possible that this process couldn't be completed? and what could happen to the property from the governments perspective? Any help appreciated, even a point in a direction to find probate records. Thanks
    Tags: None

Have you checked Land Registry for ownership?
    check here £3 Search for property information from HM Land Registry - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Search Probate records here: Search probate records for documents and wills (England and Wales) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Comment

Thanks DES8. I have searched both already, the property is unregistered and there are no records on the gov.uk website that match the person I am searching for, I have searched -/+ 5 years of known date of death and there is nothing.

Comment

Are you looking to take possession of this property?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X