• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Writing Will - Two Parts to Cover All Eventualities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing Will - Two Parts to Cover All Eventualities

As I approach my latter years, and am the last in the direct line of descent as is my wife, I wish to rewrite my will to cater for all cases. It seems simplest if I write it part of the will as Part A and Part B. Part A if my wife survives me and Part B if I survive my wife. Bequests in Part A would be less than Part B, as I wish to leave my wife a good chunk to live on. But if I am the last, then that it is and all can be bequested in Part B.
    Is that acceptable??

And how complicated does the will have to be? Does a simple will need all the chat about various benficiary powers etc.
    Last edited by FreetheHeel; 12th December 2020, 12:31:PM.
    Tags: None

Go to a solicitor (not a will writing company) and get the job done properly. If you make any mistakes in the wording of your will, it'll be too late to correct them after you die. Get it right while you are still alive.

Comment

I agree with Manxman. Don't trust tool. Find a solicitor to help you with this. Professionals know it better!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X