• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contesting a Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contesting a Will

My sister in law passed away last year and it was discovered that the family had been removed from her last Will which was made shortly before her death. I placed a caveat on probate and I sought some help from a Willwriter. The information that was uncovered was very useful and I am considering challenging the Last Will. The willwriter has informed me that he is not prepared to do any further work, although I would like him to, because it is likely to become contentious and probate services are a reserved activity and they are not authorised under the legal services act 2007. Is this right? and can anyone inform me where the red line is on how much they could do. At this time no warning has been issued against the caveat although the executors are aware. Thank you.
    Tags: None

They are correct in stating probate activities are a reserved activity
    This means they may not prepare any probate papers on which to found or oppose a grant of probate or grant of letters of administration

Comment

Thank you DES8 ... just out of curiousity what is a ‘probate paper’? Would an appearance be considered that?

Comment

“probate papers” are those on which to found or oppose a grant of probate or a grant of letters of administration, so yes to lodge an entry of appearance would be considered a reserved activity

Comment

Yes, I think you can contest the will. Consult a legal team about it so you doing it right.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X