• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I Think My Siblings Are Ripping Me Off During Probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think My Siblings Are Ripping Me Off During Probate

My mother passed away in Oct 2019 with no will. She has two homes (one in California, the other in Oregon) and 3 vehicles. Total assets equal around 700k (minus 160K for remaining mortgages and other fees). My brother and sister got an attorney in CA because they lived at my mom's house and I was told I had no choice because CA was my mom's main residence. I live in Oregon. Lawyer refused to represent me and was hostile from the start (because my sister made up lies about me like I ripped my mom off and abused her, which is a lie).

This allowed the lawyer, my brother and sister to exclude me from participating in the probate process. I even paid a 3rd of the retainer fee which is being refused on being returned to me. They have done many things behind my back, their lawyer tells me lies, and my brother and sister were able to become co-administrator.

I am getting absolutely no information or involvement in my mom's estate. They are now in the process of distributing the property.

My brother and sister signed a petition allowing them to take my mother's higher valued vehicles and they are forcing me to take a broken down one even after I told them I did not agree with this distribution.

In fact, the documents were never sent to me or none of it was even discussed. They did it behind my back. Nothing in the document states they are paying me a 3rd of these vehicles since they want to keep them.

My question is, are they ripping me off? Am I SOL on getting paid a 3rd on the property they take even though there isn't a will and all 3 of us are heirs?

Their lawyer would not answer any of my questions, told me info that contradicted what my brother told me, and screamed at me to "get my own lawyer" then hung up the phone.

All in the while I have been getting harassed by them since my mom died and I even had my mother's 3 dogs and a cat dumped on me. They claimed I ripped them off because my mom left her bank account to me.
    The lawyer told them I don't owe them, but they still believe I have to hand them over the money and this justifies their attempts to rip me off on the property. They even stole all my mother's jewelry and their lawyer didn't care. It seems she is complicit.

My worry is they are going to rip me off on the vehicles and then my mom's homes by petitioning themselves to receive an unequal distribution.

Thanks for the help.
    NewManRising
    Tags: None

This is a UK site and you will probably not get advice. Sorry.

looks like it a common trait despite that big pond

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X