• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed please/ownership of burial rights.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please/ownership of burial rights.

My mother unfortunately passed away five years ago and was subsequently buried in the plot she had bought some years earlier.

I was told that my oldest brother had the rights/ownership to the plot, which and after contacting the relevant authorities has never been the case.

The funeral directors who dealt with mums funeral have emailed me to indicate that before the headstone could be refited, as it was taking off because my father is also buried withing the plot, ownership of burial rights need to be transferred to refix the memorial, but in five years my three brothers have not made the effort unfortunately to do this, so the headstone has not been replaced because of this fact, which is very upsetting and disrespectful in my opinion.

The grave itself has not been maintained of which I feel is negligent to be honest.

I have contacted the church and I have requested that I want to take ownership of my mum and dads grave and pay any outstanding costs in order to refix the memorial as this is the least my parents deserve.

To be able to do this my three older brothers would need to sign a form of renication as to agree to this.

The older brother who basically lied to say that he had the ownership of burial rights and is responsible for not paying the funeral directors over 1k has said he will not sign it.

Where do I stand on this, all I want is for my mum and dad to have their headstone refixed, its as if the older brother is adamant and has previously lied about having those rights, again and as a means of the headstone not being replaced, which I feel is very sad.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation is really upsetting me. Thanks
    Tags: None

Any sort of help on this matter, would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X