• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK life assurance question regarding a beneficiary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK life assurance question regarding a beneficiary

Hi
    I am looking for advice and reassurance on life insurance with critical illness. This policy was taken out privately for coverage of a mortgage. The mortgage has since being paid back. The assurance company says that currently the life insurance is unassigned, therefore i ask them this in a letter
    I understand that in the event of my death there is no beneficiary nominated in the above policy. I further understand that this is a critical illness policy which has got several benefits, however it is in my understanding that I still can appoint a beneficiary for the event of my death; which would leave all the other benefits paid to me and only the Death benefit would be paid to my beneficiary on my death. *In the event of my death the Death Benefit of the named policy should be paid to in the first instance to my wife.
    They said that they could not do this but did not explain why, because they are not allowed to sell or advise; only a broker could do this. My question is how can i get this done and if i die, will my wife get paid?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X