• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some Receiving the Will Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Receiving the Will Questions

After my Father passed away back in 2002 my Mother made it very clear that when she passed their house would be passed on to us children ( there were 4 of us at that time, one sibling has passed since ). The thought was we would sell it & divide up the sale price. My Mother had that her lawyer would be the Executor of the Will & take care of her bills. About a year before my Mother passed away my sister obtained POA & became Executor. *My Mother had always made it clear that she did not want my sister having anything to do with Mothers finances. Ever! She wanted our Brother to take care of everything. My 2 siblings lived in our Mothers house so I can only assume when Mothers health began to seriously decline they discussed The Who what & whys & convinced her to change that part of the Will. *I only found out about this way it was done & told at the time they both had copies of the Will. Whenever I have inquired about the Will I have been told the same thing - the only thing in the Will is the house & it is to be divided equally. I have never seen it. They have never offered it. My Mother passed away 12-14-2019. I have asked when will I get a copy of the Will. I have received no answer. So my questions are: being a supposed beneficiary when do I get a copy of the Will? Being a house is involved does the Will need to be filed or probate? The only knowledge I know of Wills is from TV shows ( ha ha ) & other peoples experiences. We reside in the state of Maryland. At this point I wonder if I truly am listed. If I am in the Will & the house is indeed the only thing I have a feeling I will be needing to obtain a lawyer. But I don’t want to stir up more bad blood until I am certain.*
    Tags: None

Up until you mentioned Maryland I was all ready to advise you.
    However when I realised you were in the US of A I had to revise my thinking as you have posted on a UK site and I doubt anyone here will have detailed knowledge of your particular state's laws.
    I wish you well

Comment

Oh no! I apologize for this! But greatly appreciate you taking the time to read & considering a response ... I do thank you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BogMcQ5 View Post
        Oh no! I apologize for this! But greatly appreciate you taking the time to read & considering a response ... I do thank you :-)
        You should be able to obtain a copy of the Will. It would have been sent for probate. You should be able to go on line a buy a. Copy. Good luck*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X