• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bank appointed as executors to will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank appointed as executors to will

Hi,

I wonder if it possible if anyone can advise me.

My husband had a lasting power of attorney for his mother who has just died. she has been self funding her care for the last 6 years.
    her will appoints a high street bank and her deceased husband as executors. we have asked the bank if they would rescind and my husband do the probate himself.
    it has taken 6 weeks for the bank to reply, and we have now heard from their solicitors. we spoke to them on the phone and asked if they would rescind.
    they said to put on the forms that they would send. we have just received the forms, we have to supply all details of all assets, accounts property and everything you need to do the
    probate, and their fees are £1,500.00 plus 2.5%.
    as my father in law has died, can my husband (or I) stand in for him as executor, when my father in law (who had a mirror will) died, my mother in law asked the bank to rescind and they
    did and i completed the probate. my husband and his brother are the main beneficiaries. .
    I would be grateful for any advice anyone has.

Starts
    14th December 2019 20:00:PM
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X