• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim for damages?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Claim for damages?

    Rather than apply to the court of probate to have my co-executor removed, I want to make a claim for damages from my co-executor after the estate has been distributed for my share of the solicitor's bill above the initial estimate ,

    Please tell me if I can do that.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Executors of an estate do not have a share of anything, except responsibility for jointly doing those acts necessary for the administration of the estate of the deceased.

    The solicitor's bill is an expense of administration of the estate of the deceased. It falls to be paid before any final distribution to the beneficiaries is made. It seems to me that when the estate administration is finished, the executor's duties are over and the 'office' of executor no longer exists. So, a former executor has no standing to being a claim against another former executor.

    A beneficiary may have a cause of action for maladministration against the executor(s) (or former executor(s)) of an estate, but, in my view, the action would have to be against all executors.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm