• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension

Hi there. Anyone who has followed me will no my late partner namend me as the sole benficiary of his life insurance but I won't get anything as his mum has gone to probate. I had a letter recently from his pension company stating there is a death payment available but I am unsure if I should apply as although it sounds petty I don't want it to end up with his mum. She has no time for him in life and has disrespected all his wishes in death let alone making my experience in grief that bit harder and hurtful than needed. Does his pension go to probate as well? I don't really understand the process so excuse my ignorance. The application forms also ask if there are blood relatives alive. I think she must not know about this or she would already be on it. Thanks for advice and reading.
    Tags: None

If you are named as the beneficiary of the policy then it is yours and will not go into probate. Complete the form and send it back before his mum finds out about it and tries to grab the money.

Comment

Okay thanks for the advice. How come it didn't work like that with the life insurance, or is it to complicated to explain?

Comment

Hi,
        Life policies and pensions can be no,inmates to people by the person taking out the policy or pension. However it is up to the trustees who deal with he policies and pensions how they distribute it. They have a discretion. The amounts do have to be declared for the grant but that doesn’t mean the person taking out the grant gets the money. You probably need to check with the companies.
        I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

For having such kind of benefit the name beneficiary of the policy on insurer only he can claim. And the life policies and pensions schemes may pay out a lump sum to your dependants if you die. Many pension schemes include some life cover.And just complete the form as per the requirements before your mums find and grab you need amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X