• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deed of probate and first time house buyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deed of probate and first time house buyer

My father passed away in 2015 leaving the property to my mother, she passed away in 2018 and the will is going through the grant of probate system. In the will the property is left 50/50 to myself and brother who live there. my parents names are still on the deeds and land registry. I am buying a property with my partner and consider myself to be a first time buyer.

My understanding, rightly or wrongly is that I don't legally inherit my share of the property until grant of probate is actually granted.

The conveyencing company have sent a form regarding stamp duty (SDLT) for the house I am buying and ask FTB or not. They state that it's ownership through one of several methods of a property not purchase.

My belief is that I don't yet own through inheritance my share of my late parents house until as stated grant of probate is given. Therefore I am still a first time buyer.

I was also advised that I could not change the deeds until I had grant of probate so in addition my name is unknown.

Can some please advise asap.

Tags: None

Yo have probably been left half of the estate - not the same as half a house - so if that is the case, you are a first time buyer of a property, even if the property you chose to buy is your mother's house.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X