• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Inheritance info pls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inheritance info pls?

Hi.

May I pick the brains of anyone please.

Basically my gold digging step mother outlived my Dad.

They created mirror Wills and the property was held as a TIC 50\50.

She seems to be immune to dying. I'm not too well myself. The estate is dvided between 5 children benficiaries among their respective children.

What happens to my share if I prefer decease her? I have made no Will currently. I DO NOT want anything of mine to go to her wealthy children. Can I compose a Will against my legacy so when it's available I can bequeath it to anyone I like?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

The Your dad's half of the house is held in trust for his widow, with his five children as remaindermen . That's clear from this and your previous post. So far, that's pretty standard. What's not standard is what happens if one of the remaindermen dies before the life tenant. You will Ned to quote the precise wording of the will that set up the trust, I am afraid.

by the way, there's obviously no harm in making a will leaving your estate to someone or a charity. The worst that happens is that there's nothing to leave. And October is free wills month. Google it!

oh, and nag me to update my will, please!

edit: I see that autocorrect has struck again. Where does Ned come into this?

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
      The Your dad's half of the house is held in trust for his widow, with his five children as remaindermen . That's clear from this and your previous post. So far, that's pretty standard. What's not standard is what happens if one of the remaindermen dies before the life tenant. You will Ned to quote the precise wording of the will that set up the trust, I am afraid.

by the way, there's obviously no harm in making a will leaving your estate to someone or a charity. The worst that happens is that there's nothing to leave. And October is free wills month. Google it!

oh, and nag me to update my will, please!

edit: I see that autocorrect has struck again. Where does Ned come into this?

Bugger, I was looking online furiously for the fabled Ned!!

UPDATE YOUR WILL!!!! I command thee!

Thanks for the advice and tip about free Wills, nice one. I like being a remainderman! Guess you read my other post. I got the ​​Will out last night. Sad reading. Basically she has a lifetime interest and any profit made from a downgrade goes to her.

Any residual money in a property from whence she dies is divided between the kids. Why o why did he sign that and not talk to my older brother, an executor and trustee.

Comment

Hi again,
        Just to add to 2222, many charities offer a free will writing service throughout the year too eg Barnardos, PDSA. They ask that you consider leaving a legacy to them in return. Generally these sorts of schemes are open to over 55's.
        All of you go make your Will! Suitably nagged all round now As you can see it can save a lot of heartache further down the line. I would suggest it is always a good idea to discuss your Wills with those who are affected. That way you can explain reasons now not leave people guessing
        I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Thanks again Peridot! I've requested a Will kit from Mind! Also I tell people what's in it. I'm under 55btw

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X