• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of Indemnity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Indemnity

Hi,

I have recently been sent a Letter of Indemnity by the solicitor dealing with the estate for my late Father, along with the accounts, after sadly loosing both parents last year.

Now that the house is sold, my brother who is the executor wishes to make an early distribution of the estate

Having reviewed the accounts there are a number errors and omissions that I have been bringing to the attention of the solicitors for many months and I am not willing to sign anything until these are resolved One example is that I paid for the wakes for both of my parents yet to date I have not be refunded. Another example is that I am owed money by the estate for some shares I moved to my Mothers share holding account, yet my brother is now not willing to accept this. I have shown that these shares where moved from my share holding account to my Mother's and it is clear no money for payment of these shares from my parents accounts has taken place. Equally some other issues are not being managed fairly and equitably in so far as my sister took my mother's jewellery without permission and has been asked to value these items to pay back into the estate. She obtained 3 valuations, 1 re scrape value, 1 re actual value, 1 re insurance value. My sister is only being asked for the lowest of the 3 whereas I am being asked for the highest valuation for my fathers signet ring which both my brother and sister actually saw my Father give to me, so in essence it was a gift.

The whole process is not being managed fairly and as a result until these points and others are addressed I am not prepared to sign the Letter of Indemnity.

1. Does this effectively stop any estate distribution?
    2. Can the executor make distributions to himself and my sister and not me?
    3. The state accounts do not indicate any interest being applied to the holding account, and I would expect that this should be the case and made available within the accounts?
    4. If the letter of indemnity is not signed by me what does this mean?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X