• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Selling house as Estate Administrator

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Selling house as Estate Administrator

    My mom died without a will. I was named Administrator of the estate by the court. My brother and I are the only heirs. Can we sell her house is paid for and there are no liens against it. Can we sell the house? What documents are required?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi Guest,

    As administrator yes you can is the short answer but you need a Grant of Letters of Administration (the name of the Grant of Probate where there isn't a Will).

    You mention the Court named you I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that.
    Do you have a Grant? You can only sell the property if you do, This link may help if you need to obtain the Grant:

    Once sold you should deal with the proceeds as part of the estate which should be distributed according to the Intestacy Rules. Here is a link that will help with that: https://www.gov.uk/inherits-someone-dies-without-will

    Do post again if you need any more pointers. You will need to register to do so though.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm