• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deceased brother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some deposit accounts pay as little as .01%. So, £100,000 held for a year generates £10 in interest. So, lack of interest shown in the accounts may indicate a somewhat haphazard approach to the book-keeping, but the amounts missing may be truly tiny.

Comment

The deposit account his solicitors informed us it was being held in, pays a rate of 1%. So in £100k that is a £1000 for a year.

The amount held in the account is more than £100k, and now supposedly there for 20 months. If in fact it is still there.

Comment

And the saga continues.

After receiving notification from his solicitor in December that he would be distributing the estate, and would be contacting us direct. He then produced some accounts, with an attached agreement for us to approve them. We could not do that as the figures did not add up, and there were items offset against the estate that were his expense.

After several letters, we have now received a reply, that he as obtained a further DNA test, even though the last one, via a court approved company, confirmed we were all full siblings.

He as been obstructive from day one, and in my opinion, and my brothers, he had no intention at any time of distributing the estate in line with the law.

My solicitor was instructed today to commence court action against him, on behalf of myself and my brother in a joint action.

Comment

Hi Paul1962,
          I'm sorry to hear the saga continues. It's so frustrating when you think you are getting somewhere. Do keep us posted.
          I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Is the further DNA test purely a delaying tactic, or is there some genuine question about parenthood? If there is, could a further test not show that the executor is the odd man out?

In in any case, are these tests 100% conclusive? I had an idea that they provide a probability, which of course may be very, very high.

Comment

2222 and Peridot.

The tests already carried out are very clear. With us all having an higher probability of full siblings than half siblings. With the father DNA marker for us all being identical.

We also took advice from a DNA expert who as been involved in many high profile criminal cases where DNA evidence was required.. He came back with the same results, that we are all full siblings.

It is most definitely another attempt at delaying the estate distribution, with myself and brother running up further legal fees. The brother with the probate, is no longer using a solicitor, and now contacting our solicitors direct.

We are not now entering in to any further DNA tests, the ones we have are sufficient evidence, agreed by my solicitor and barrister.

We are now in the process of preparing papers for court, and they should be ready in the next couple of days

Comment

Hi Paul 1962,
                The results you have from a provider recognised by the Court are perfectly adequate for the purpose. He is delaying and I suspect his lawyer's sacked him for not following advice, or he sacked them because they weren't telling him what he wanted to hear.
                You have been left with no option but to do this through the Courts. Here if you need us.
                I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

Comment

Peridot.

Yes I believe he was not taking advice, and while they were acting for hi, he would hop in and out of using them

Comment

Bet they loved him as a client! It will be hard dealing with this but at least the Court timetable will kick in and there will be a conclusion in sight.

Comment

Wow, just caught up with this and how awful.I sincerely hope this works out for you and can't imagine how stressful this would be

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X