• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Phone Protect Services Ltd"

Called me 5 times in as many minutes telling me I was paying them to block nuisence calls. Funnily enough I have no Direct Debits to this company nor have I had any coverage with anyone since Sky gave me free call blocking in 2008!

In the end she told me all calls were recorded so I said "Good, go away! And that's recorded!" I hadn't replaced the handset right and could hear the phone dialling again, hopefully the engaged tone meant they gave up!

Reported to TPS
    Last edited by slainte caragh; 8th January 2018, 18:15:PM.
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)
    Tags: None

Re: 01202879313

But is it a valid number?

Comment

As far as I know, I did 1471 directly afterward and it gave me the number. Wasn't gonna call them back as it was bad enough getting rid of them!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

A lot of these companies spoof the number that 1471 returns and is displayed by caller ID. It's illegal of course but if you complain to TPS then of course they've nothing to go on to trace. I always try and get a proper number and name so that I can report them properly. I've had a phone call of thanks from the TPS after getting full details on one company.

Comment

same people phoned me this morning.

Said I was uninterested, and to cancel any subscriptions I had,
          Agent said "It'll cost you!"
          "Aye!" I said, "My sanity at this rate... BABE! START THE RECORDING.. WE NEED THIS FOR EVIDENCE FOR THE TPS!"
          "Oh" says the woman, "We ARE the TPS!"
          "Oh yeh? And I'm Elizabeth the 1st! Stop ringing me or I'll throw you in the Tower!"

Same number.

Comment

Phone the number and see if it is actually active. If not then be interested and see what info you can get out of them without prejudicing your own safety.

Comment

ok it's an active line, it's ringing.
              This reminds me of that advert for coffee, everyone looks at the ringing phone in the call centre.
              no answer at all

Don't worry I did 141 before I rang
              Last edited by slainte caragh; 9th January 2018, 11:07:AM. Reason: Forgot info

Comment

The number is one of BT's own range according to Ofcom http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/nu...ndex.htm#geog1 you can download the spreadsheet & look at row 6584 you can make a complaint direct to them, to TPS (although they are a toothless non entity), ICO or Ofcom. You could also ask your own Telco provider to advise you on which network the call was originating from but I suspect you will not get very far within the call centre with that request.
                Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                  ok it's an active line, it's ringing.
                  This reminds me of that advert for coffee, everyone looks at the ringing phone in the call centre.
                  no answer at all

Don't worry I did 141 before I rang
                  But was it them that actually answered? Could be some other poor bugger

Comment

no one answered at all

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                      no one answered at all
                      Home Protect Services Bournemouth Dorset.

Comment

OMG the lying little toads! Told me they were Telecom Protect Services Ltd! (TPS, figures!)

Comment

very new company formed late 2017

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X