• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

energy grants allocation scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energy grants allocation scam

i have put this in the telephone harrassment section as i am being plagued by scam companies at the moment. i can deal with that but i have just had one of these scam artists on the phone and i thought i would play a bit,

he introduced himself to say i had qualified for an energy grants allocation for loft insulation and cavity wall. when pressed he stated that the local energy supplier who they were working with supplied this info. well i live in a 1 bed room flat that is only 12 months old and had regular council inspections on energy efficiency before the landlord got the correct certificates. i realised this was a scam artist.

i asked where this company was based and the reply was leamington spa.
    i then asked for a contact number incase we got cut off, that number was a premium rate number, 01902237404

when i said it was a premimum ratenumber he hung up.
    no surprise there

has anybody got any info on this company (energy grants allocation) leamington spa or that telephone number
    Tags: None

Re: energy grants allocation scam

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
    i have put this in the telephone harrassment section as i am being plagued by scam companies at the moment. i can deal with that but i have just had one of these scam artists on the phone and i thought i would play a bit,

he introduced himself to say i had qualified for an energy grants allocation for loft insulation and cavity wall. when pressed he stated that the local energy supplier who they were working with supplied this info. well i live in a 1 bed room flat that is only 12 months old and had regular council inspections on energy efficiency before the landlord got the correct certificates. i realised this was a scam artist.

i asked where this company was based and the reply was leamington spa.
    i then asked for a contact number incase we got cut off, that number was a premium rate number, 01902237404

when i said it was a premimum ratenumber he hung up.
    no surprise there

has anybody got any info on this company (energy grants allocation) leamington spa or that telephone number
    Hi Militant,

I've just run a check on the number 01902 237404. It's not premium rate, you'll be glad to know, and the 01902 237*** is allocated to numbers in the Wolverhampton area, not Leamington Spa. The telecoms provider who has been allocated the number is Jimati UK Limited. It's possible the caller who cold called you has leased a line from Jimati UK Limited. Suggest you register your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) to stop this sort of call.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

These are the details held at Companies House on this company.

Name & Registered Office:
      JIMATI (UK) LIMITED
      340 KING STREET
      HAMMERSMITH
      LONDON
      W6 0RR
      Company No. 05543760

Status: Dissolved 11/01/2011 they were struck off....so why are they still trading?
      Date of Incorporation: 23/08/2005

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
      Company Type: Private Limited Company
      Nature of Business (SIC):
      7440 - Advertising
      Accounting Reference Date: 30/11
      Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/11/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
      Next Accounts Due:
      Last Return Made Up To: 23/08/2009
      Next Return Due:
      Last Members List: 23/08/2009
      Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name13/07/2009EDT (UK) LIMITED

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
        These are the details held at Companies House on this company.

JIMATI (UK) LIMITED
        340 KING STREET
        HAMMERSMITH
        LONDON
        W6 0RR
        Company No. 05543760

Status: Dissolved 11/01/2011 they were struck off....so why are they still trading?
        Date of Incorporation: 23/08/2005

7440 - Advertising
        Accounting Reference Date: 30/11
        Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/11/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
        Next Accounts Due:
        Last Return Made Up To: 23/08/2009
        Next Return Due:
        Last Members List: 23/08/2009
        Previous Names:Date of changePrevious Name13/07/2009EDT (UK) LIMITED
        Thanks for that gem, Tuttsi. I've checked the number again and the listing is correct as of January 2012. If Jimati (UK) Limited is still trading after being struck from the Register of Companies, the directors are committing an offence under Company Law and, also, the Criminal Law. I'll look into this a bit more. If necessary, an email to Companies House might be needed.

Comment

Just carried out a search on the Companies House website. Jimati (UK) Limited is a dissolved company. Jimati UK Limited is still trading and is the company that holds the telephone line Militant received a marketing call from.

Comment

JIMATI UK LTD
            THE GALLERY
            14 UPLAND ROAD
            LONDON
            ENGLAND
            SE22 9EE
            Company No. 07702856

Date of Incorporation: 13/07/2011

None Supplied
            Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
            Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
            Next Accounts Due: 13/04/2013
            Last Return Made Up To:
            Next Return Due: 10/08/2012

NEWINC13/07/2011CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
            GENERAL COMPANY DETAILS & STATEMENTS OF;
            OFFICERS, CAPITAL & SHAREHOLDINGS, GUARANTEE, COMPLIANCE
            MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

LATEST SOC13/07/201113/07/11 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 1

MODEL ARTICLES13/07/2011MODEL ARTICLES ADOPTED: PRIVATE LIMITED BY SHARES

New company formed in 13th July 2011

No accounts yet so no significant information on this company and no accounts to be filed until 13th April 2013. Basically, it is what we call a shell company with only 1 share. They have not stated the type of buisiness which they do which is also strange.

I would not touch a company that was not transparent, so anyone receiving calls from this company like Millitant should stay well clear as it looks very much like it is a scam of some sorts.

The business registered adress is http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...4wGaguF0B4VqWw Coman and Co Accountants.

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            Thanks for that gem, Tuttsi. I've checked the number again and the listing is correct as of January 2012. If Jimati (UK) Limited is still trading after being struck from the Register of Companies, the directors are committing an offence under Company Law and, also, the Criminal Law. I'll look into this a bit more. If necessary, an email to Companies House might be needed.
            Last edited by TUTTSI; 26th February 2012, 10:17:AM.

Comment

JIMATI UK LTD
              THE GALLERY
              14 UPLAND ROAD
              LONDON
              ENGLAND
              SE22 9EE
              Company No. 07702856

Date of Incorporation: 13/07/2011

None Supplied
              Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
              Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
              Next Accounts Due: 13/04/2013
              Last Return Made Up To:
              Next Return Due: 10/08/2012

NEWINC13/07/2011CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
              GENERAL COMPANY DETAILS & STATEMENTS OF;
              OFFICERS, CAPITAL & SHAREHOLDINGS, GUARANTEE, COMPLIANCE
              MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

LATEST SOC13/07/201113/07/11 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 1

MODEL ARTICLES13/07/2011MODEL ARTICLES ADOPTED: PRIVATE LIMITED BY SHARES

New company formed in 13th July 2011

No accounts yet so no significant information on this company and no accounts to be filed until 13th April 2013. Basically, it is what we call a shell company with only 1 share. They have not stated the type of buisiness which they do which is also strange.

I would not touch a company that was not transparent, so anyone receiving calls from this company like Millitant should stay well clear as it looks very much like it is a scam of some sorts.

The business registered adress is http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...4wGaguF0B4VqWw Coman and Co Accountants.
              I've just put my own telephone number into a code tracer and found that Jimati UK Limited have been allocated Plymouth area telephone numbers beginning 01752 915***. So it looks like they've leased lines from BT Wholesale in most areas.

Comment

This is the website for Jimati (UK) Limited

Mobile Messaging for Business - Jimati

Director: Mr A. Kinch

appointed 13 Jul 2011
                also director of: ZIRON (UK) LTD 07597853
                Last edited by Mrs James; 26th February 2012, 10:49:AM.

Comment

But that company Jimata (UK) Ltd was struck off 11/1/2011

and new company formed as Jimata UK Ltd 13/7/2011

Originally posted by Mrs James View Post
                  This is the website for Jimati (UK) Limited

Mobile Messaging for Business - Jimati

Director: Mr A. Kinch

appointed 13 Jul 2011
                  also director of: ZIRON (UK) LTD 07597853

Comment

I've just checked the website Mrs J has provided a link for and that is Jimati (UK) Ltd which is a dissolved company. I'll contact Companies House tomorrow and find out what's going on.

Comment

But that company Jimata (UK) Ltd was struck off 11/1/2011

and new company formed as Jimata UK Ltd 13/7/2011
                      Yes I know, just thought it would give a bit of background information. The Director is the Director of Jimata UK Ltd.

Comment

thanks bluebottle

this does seem to be some sort of elaborate scam

i wonder how many people have been duped before they tried this scam on me

lets try and get them struck off companies house

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                          thanks bluebottle

this does seem to be some sort of elaborate scam

i wonder how many people have been duped before they tried this scam on me

lets try and get them struck off companies house
                          Militant,

If you haven't already done so, ring Consumer Direct on 0845 4040506 tomorrow morning and report this to them. Your local Trading Standards Department and OFT HQ, in London, will receive details of your complaint within 1-2 hours of you ringing CD.

Comment

I've just dialed this number (01902 237404) from a mobile I no longer use and the lines dead.

Comment

Just done a Credit search on Jimati UK Ltd, they have a score of 32 out of 100, directors name is: Alexandre Kinch, dob: 26/4/1976. He is also director of Ziron (UK) Ltd which also has a credit score of 32 out of 100, both companies have a credit limit of £500.

No financials showing as both companies are too young, no ccj's and no mortgages on them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X