• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB - Telephone Harrassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB - Telephone Harrassment

I have written to LTSB (with whom i have a Credit card) to request removal of my telephone contact details from there records (and contact me only in writing), however i am still getting daily phone calls from them.
    I have asked on 4 calls now that they cease calling and remove my telephone contact details. But still they keep calling daily.
    Can anyone help with a suitable response??:beagle:
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB - Telephone Harrassment

Let me guess, Indian call centre, 01273 number

I've had 6 calls from them today, which the wife answered.
    On the last call I answered and read them the riot act and made it extremely clear that should they call again I will lodge a formal complaint with OFCOM and Aunty Mabel. I simply refused to answer the DPA questions and made it clear I do NOT discuss financial matter over the phone.
    I'll be on the phone to the UK number tomorrow and reiterate my request.

Stupid thing is my payments are up to date, so what they wanted I have no idea, nor do I care.

Comment

Stupid thing is my payments are up to date, so what they wanted I have no idea, nor do I care.

To tell you a mystery benefactor has deposited 1 million quids into your account!!!!!!!!

Yes we can all dream
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Due, if only.
        As I use interweb banking it's not too difficult to see that kind of thing

Comment

I'm sure there is some sort of letter you can send to tell them to stop calling/harrassing you with telephone calls and request for everything in writing only.
          Will have to check it out.

Comment

How to stop harrassment.

How to deal with harassment by your creditors

Contact the creditor
            • The first step is to write to the creditor and outline your concerns about the company's behaviour.
            • Tell your creditors how you would prefer to be contacted and ask that they confirm their agreement to this.
            • A letter sent by recorded delivery at this stage may avoid the need to take further action against the company.
            • Tell them you are aware of the OFT Debt Collection Guidance and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, and that you will consider making a complaint about their behaviour under the guidance.
            • It is worth keeping a diary of phone calls, letters, visits and so on.
            • It is helpful if another person can confirm what happened, for example, when the collector called at your home.
            • You may want to politely but firmly refuse to let a collector in or answer the phone to the collector until the problem is sorted out.
            • It is usually difficult to persuade the police to prosecute in cases of harassment unless a more serious offence such as violence, fraud or blackmail is also involved.
            http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...sment#chapter3

Comment

Thanks Di,
              I thought i had seen a format letter on here.
              To be clear i have requested numerous times they delete my phone details and only contact me in writing. but still they keep calling!!! This has been going on for 2months now!!!!! I have sent Hardship letter (with payment offer),Refund CC charges letter, and account in dispute letter. debt is £1500 and £60 in arrears.
              My next letter to them needs to be a nasty harrassment one relating to constant telepphone calls !!!

Comment

Try this one.

Dear Sirs,

Reference: ***************

I have written to you on several occasions informing you that I withdraw the authority giving you permission to telephone my house and my mobile telephone. By way of these letters to you, I have communicated my requirement that you immediately desist telephoning me, that you suppress this information and that should you wish to contact me, you do so in writing.

Despite these very clear and concise instructions, the telephone calls persist.

It is now my contention that your Company is in breach of s.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, s.127 of the Communications Act 2003 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

It is an offence to cause harassment and is arrestable under the provisions of s.24(2) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and attracts the powers associated with such offences. Additionally s.3 enables a person who is, or may become, the victim of behaviour prohibited by s.1 to take civil proceedings against the perpetrator. There have been several cases reported in the press recently of the Halifax being sued for breaching these Acts and regulations.

I am, therefore, giving you notice that I have today entered a complaint with OFCOM, Trading Standards, The Information Commissioners Office, The Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Services Authority.

If you are in any doubt as to what to do with this letter and what action to take, may I suggest that you place it in the hands of your Solicitors’ without delay.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
                  I have written to LTSB (with whom i have a Credit card) to request removal of my telephone contact details from there records (and contact me only in writing), however i am still getting daily phone calls from them.
                  I have asked on 4 calls now that they cease calling and remove my telephone contact details. But still they keep calling daily.
                  Can anyone help with a suitable response??:beagle:
                  i had this with hsbc,in the end whatnest i had to pretend that i was no longer on the same mobile tel no and my wife pretended to be someone else not very honest i know but i,d tried everything else,luckily they did,nt ever get my home no.

Comment

Thanks for that one Amy, just the kind of letter i had in mind !!

Comment

I had the same thing with LTSB and because I use internet banking, I went online deleted my mobile and put in a new number for PAYG.

ITs an old phone with a spare sim that they can ring and ring to their hearts content!!!!

They no longer have my contract number.....

Comment

I've done the same with Scottish Power because if you are so much as one day late, the calls are relentless, although I just made up a telephone number.

It's a much cheaper option than one of those £100 gadgets.

Comment

I have sent off the 'Amy' letter and ive also helpfully updated !!! my internet banking details with an old mobile number......i think the phone is still in the concrete foundations of a friends house extension !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X