• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blank calls no idea who it is

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank calls no idea who it is

I have received 29 calls in the last 2 weeks from this number

Google hasn't given me any clues as to who it is and I am stuck as to who it could be. When we answer the phone its just the dialling tone again. They are calling at all hours and it's really frustrating.

Anyone any ideas?
    Tags: None

Re: Blank calls no idea who it is

I have a company called Southdene Ltd.

Dare I say this but give them a call and ask them what they want.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Interesting...as that company is based in my city.

My only 'query' is why when I've done 1471 why it says the number is not recognised when i dial 3 to call back.

Comment

No idea to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGem View Post
          I have received 29 calls in the last 2 weeks from this number

Google hasn't given me any clues as to who it is and I am stuck as to who it could be. When we answer the phone its just the dialling tone again. They are calling at all hours and it's really frustrating.

Anyone any ideas?
          All you need to do is call BT Nuisance-call advisers 0800 661 441 (this is the freephone number):beagle: and ask them to investigate.

Comment

If you remove the international dialling code and make it 07976177525 it comes up as Southdene String Quartet and other musical related companies.

Comment

Caspar, I think they'd worked that one out already They are clearly not a musician or requiring music lessons so the call is strange. To be honest, I can't see why they don't simply call them back.

Comment

As I had said previously I did try and it said this number is not recognised.

I removed the 0044 at the beginning and rang them and yes it is a Sheffield based but they have told me they haven't tried to contact me at all.....

I'm going to contact BT today

Comment

Sounds like some ones mobile number has been cloned to me. Very strange.

The music company will have to report it to their own network provider too, otherwise they will get the blame for the nuisance calls.
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

The number purporting to be a music company appears a lot on whos calling me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                      The number purporting to be a music company appears a lot on whos calling me though.

And what responses to the question of who is calling them is coming back?

Comment

It doesn't work like that. You tend to get lists of numbers which have been highlighted as making nuisance phone calls.

Comment

I reported a long digit number as well to TPS as we're registered with them, the normal standard digits are 11 numbers, but the one we keep having is something like 13 maybe 14, will have to check again, but they are a damn flipping nuisance.

I take off the first 4 numbers, and its basically a 0845 number!

So annoying and we are ex directory as well!!!!

Comment

Have you tried http://www.whocallsme ?

Comment

I have and nothing came up, but i did find out from another site that this could be a mag company trying to sell subscriptions.
                              We don't have any subscriptions with anyone, so possibly a sales call.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X