• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

littlewoods catalogue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• littlewoods catalogue

littlewoods catalogue have been phoning me, sometimes several times a day, this is because I paid them a lower amount than what they were asking for because I was pretty broke, well I have asked them to stop harassing me and they carried on so I sent them the harassment by telephone letter and they sent a letter back saying that they apologise for any inconvenience and that it's not thier intention to harass people, but if I don't make the correct 28 day minimum payment they will continue to call me, and my telephone number will stay on their automatic dialler and that I will also receive calls from that too. They also go on to say thay have permission from encom to do this. What do I do now? because i'm at my wits end with them, and they have even phoned twice today!!!!!
    Last edited by babyellis; 14th November 2009, 22:36:PM. Reason: missed a few words out

Re: littlewoods catalogue

Well you could report them to TS etc, but to be honest they wont do much in this situation.

Once you have asked for them not to call repeatedly, then they should, but to be honest they only sure fire way is BT's "chose to refuse" service and simply block their numbers.

I have found Littlewoods a pain to deal with and they really don't help themselves at all.
    The idea is good, but then jumping on people that are slighlty adrift on payments is just wrong.

I asked them to change my payment date, to fit with all my other bills, and they refused.
    So I get a couple of calls as well as the normal late payment fee, before I pay when I'm ready.

Now I KNOW it's possible to change payment dates, but even something as simple as this is beyond them.

Hey ho, let the charges mount up as I'm not paying them. I'll settle the real debt and that's it.

What really makes me laugh is the fact they'll send and "arrears" letter and the next day try and sell you something else you really don't need. Talk about stoopid.

Comment

Hi to anyone reading this. Just to say I did something similar last September with J D Williams and they have pestered me ever since for the payment of Admin fees (2, dated with the same date) plus interest, now totalling just under £80. Calls are now getting ridiculous, several times a day, sometimes more than three and also one at 1.00am and another this week about 6.00am. We signed up for choose to refuse but it doesn't seem to have worked for us, have complained to BT but they won't block an 08 number and two different members of BT staff have both said J D are entitled to do this because we 'owe' them money - so not much help from them.

I have spoken to someone at FOS who has written back to me to say that he has informed J D that I have a complaint and said I should hear from the company within a few days - do the silent calls I am now getting mean they have no intention of sensible dialogue, anybody know?

Comment

Under the data protection act you are allowed to ask them to remove your number from their systems. They must comply with this or face you complaining to the ICO.

You also need to send them a SAR - templates on site

Try this as a letter

Dear Sir/Madam

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued calls at unreasonable times are in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

To this end, under the data protection act please remove my telephone number from your systems and do not call me again, I will only correspond on this matter in writing.

Due to your unreasonable behaviour and the manner in which you repeatedly demand monies in respect of this account I require that you send me your complaints procedure.

I consider this account to be in dispute until such time as my complaint is investigated. I remind you that you will be in breach of OFT 664 guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Should you continue to make harassing calls or unreasonable demands I will send a complaint, citing the above section of the guidelines, to my local Trading standards and the OFT citing your breach.

You have 10 days to contact me with your acknowledgement that my number has been removed from your system and your intention to resolve this matter through your complaint procedure.

Any failure to meet my reasonable requests will result in my making a report of your actions to any such regulatory authorities (ICO, OFT, Trading Standards and FOS) as I see fit.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter.

Rgds

Signature

Good luck
        Last edited by frisp; 11th February 2011, 08:44:AM.
        Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X