• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barring calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barring calls

We have an on going problem with Welcome Finance/Cattles plc and have finally been successful in claiming back ppi, and unenforable account, still awaiting what this will be.(via fos see ppi pages)
    Despite them knowing that they should not contact us at one time we were getting up to five calls per day from them.
    I got them to stop the automated ones but considered changing out phone number as I got really stressed with the threats etc from the account manager (six in five years ) "manager" of branch threatening to send to outside debt collecters etc.
    Found something very usefull if you are customers of BT (I am sure other providers would do the same) they have a service called "chose to refuse" you can register and then dial a special number to either bar the last number that called you or, if you know them the numbers of the local branch, so far I have barred the two local branch numbers a mobule number and the "swichboard"! If I wish to talk to them I will call them thank you.
    My first month was free then its about £5 per month thereafter hope thats useful....
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Re: barring calls

Good posting! I'm using this service. BT allow 10 numbers to be barred at any one time, and you can easily change them if you reach the limit. It works specially well with all those delightful automatic dialliers - confuyses the hell out of them! Well worth the money whatever your cirumstances.

Comment

Re: barring calls

Glad it was usful!! I have a vision of the call centre/account manager etc sitting with a phone in the hand crying, cos after all if they dont bully someone into paying they wont get the commission!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X