• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harasment-not Our Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harasment-not Our Debt

Our son has got himself into debt, he had a business and has now folded. There are still some debts, I do not believe that he owes that much. Due now to the credit crunch he has not been able to find a job.

Mr Tutts and I had nothing to do with his business, yet we have had visits from one creditor only and now he has started a campaign of making threatening calls on Mr T's business line....... yesterdays message to us was 'he is going to apply for a charging order on our home' Now this debt has nothing whatsoever to do with us. My husband phoned him back and left a message to tell him in no uncertain terms that if he continues to phone and harass we will put this matter into the hands of our solicitors

I have printed out the harasment letter and will adapt it suitably.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

xx

Re: Harasment-not Our Debt

As and when they call again, tell them that you are recording the call and that you will be reporting their actions for harassment

Comment

Was the business Ltd Tutts ?

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
        Was the business Ltd Tutts ?
        No Sapphy - it was a partnership, then his partner decided he did not want to continue. We urged him to formally disolve the partnership - but the lads thought they knew better.

For Curly, Every time he has phoned so far it has gone on the answer machine and the messages are recorded. But those messages are not transportable to say the police station - someone would have to listen here on the phone.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          For Curly, Every time he has phoned so far it has gone on the answer machine and the messages are recorded. But those messages are not transportable to say the police station - someone would have to listen here on the phone.

xx
          A lot of modern mobiles have voice recording on them nowadays, so just play the message on your home phone and use your mobile to record it.
          Thats what i do with messages i need to keep a copy of

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X