• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone Business Disservice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone Business Disservice

Hi there, I'm having real problems with my Vodafone contract. I run a business with a corporate account. My iPhone had some problems - I took it in on 6 September and was advised although it was under warranty (about 18 months old - presumably a Vodafone warranty) it'd be quicker to claim under insurance. Which I did. As there was no smartphone available as a replacement I said I'd use an old iPhone of mine instead (which was a bit rubbish, no working wifi, but would do for now). I was told my phone would be repaired and I'd be notified within 5 working days.

5 working days later I haven't heard anything and I'm about to make a business trip that I need a fully working phone for. I call and am told that my iPhone 5 is past repair, and is going to be replaced instead with an iPhone5s - but this will take a few days. As I don't have a few days before I go away, I am advised over the phone that if I go into a store they can give me an iPhone 5s there. So I leave work early, queue to speak to an advisor, and am told this is impossible (apparently there are issues with Vodafone paying back the stores - I fail to see why this is my problem).

I am advised that if I buy a phone on contract, I can return it within 14 days, by which point my new phone will have arrived instore. I do this. In total I am in the store for over 1.5 hours sorting this out.

I phoned this afternoon to see whether my replacement phone had been delivered. Apparently there was no note on the account of any of the above and my phone was still out for repair. They look into it, and discover that actually they are waiting for my replacement phone to be delivered, but they don't know how long this will take, but they will know instore, and I have to go there to sort it out.

I go in. I wait for 20 minutes to be seen. I explain the problem. I am told the best they can do is extend the return period on the phone I have "bought" until the replacement comes in. When I will then have to go into the store. Again. Losing MORE working time.

Is there anything I can do to just keep this phone I have now? Why do Vodafone seem to operate as two separate businesses - one you speak to over the phone and one with the store? It used to be that when I had a problem with a phone they'd send a courier with a replacement to my office - I don't have the time to keep leaving work and travelling to the nearest town to go into the store. I'm a consultant and my time literally is money to me. After everything that's happened with this I don't feel like delegating sorting it out either.

Does anyone know of other networks that offer this kind of actual business service to their customers - of being able to sort out phone issues from our office, rather than have to travel to their shop? If this doesn't get sorted out within the next few days I am cancelling our account but I'm not sure if I'll get better service elsewhere.
    Tags: None

Re: Vodafone Business Disservice

Hi there,

If you still need help with this, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Re: Vodafone Business Disservice

Thank you Lee
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X