• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin Media Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media Contract

Looking for advice guys,
    My hubby signed a 12month contract with Virgin Media for Internet only last May,
    The contract was for £17.50 for the first 3 Months then £22.50 per month after that for 30 mgs,
    The problem is that roughly 2 months ago they put the price up to £25.00 per month and then last night I got a call from them trying to sell us the whole package and informing us that the price we are paying is being increased to £27.50 as of next month.
    Following this I called customers services and spoke to a guy who I voiced my opinion to explaining I was very unhappy at he price increase again as we had signed for 12 months at £22.50,
    He informed me that they are within their rights for price increases.

Can anyone inform me if this is true?
    We will be giving notice to them when our contract is due to end as paying £27.50 per month for internet only in my opinion is rather extortionate, especially as we originally signed for £22.50 per month,

Thanks in advance x
    Tags: None

Re: Virgin Media Contract

Hi Shirley,

Yes they can up their prices mid contract but new rules will be in early this year.
    All explained here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24911042

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Hi Shirley,

Yes they can up their prices mid contract but new rules will be in early this year.
      All explained here
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24911042
      Thanks for the link x

Comment

unfortunatly, it will state in your terms and conditions that you accept, that a contract may be increased if deemed nessacary and justified (inflation rates etc).
        Ofcom have ruled that as long as your provider is transparent with the charges (and no that doesn't mean the advisor is see through before you ask Cloggsy) and advises you in a correct and timely manner, they can do it.

sorry to be the barer of bad news

Comment

bit late now but always read the small print :amen:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-leg...broadband.html

a) we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our charges under this agreement; (b) we make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced; or
          (c) we and/or Virgin Media Payments make significant changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement (including the other legal stuff), you may cancel those services affected without penalty by giving us at least 30 days' notice in writing, such notice must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to the services or this agreement being notified to you. If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges. If you do not give notice of cancellation within the specified period, you will be deemed to have accepted the increase in charges and/or the changes to the services and these agreements. You will no longer be able to cancel your services under this paragraph. If you cancel any services in these circumstances, the increased charges will not apply to those services during the 30-day notice period and paragraph J3(a) will not apply if you cancel before the end of the minimum period.
          Don't let them grind you down

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X