• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Broadband ProviderFails To Collect Direct Debit, Cancels Service, Makes Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband ProviderFails To Collect Direct Debit, Cancels Service, Makes Charge

Hi People, I'm new here.

I signed up because i spent some time perusing the freeman sites and they all seem crazy. [at least crazier than me]

This is my case:

My provider for, 'broadband only', charges for debit card payments, so, I provide details for them to set up a Direct debit mandate. It says in the eMail confirmation:

For your information, the collections will be made using this reference
    number:

* Our Direct Debit identification number: ******
    * Reference number: *************

Please remember that your Direct Debit can take up to five working days to
    process before it becomes active. During this time your payments may
    continue to be taken from debit or credit cards that you have associated
    with your account. Your Direct Debit instruction will take precedence only
    after activation is complete. We will contact you in the unlikely event of
    there being a problem with the activation.

#

meanwhile, they carry on making payment demands, but state, in the text of these email demands,

'Already paid by Direct Debit?
    ----------------------------
    If we're already processing your Direct Debit payment for the amount above you can ignore this message, you don't need to do anything. '

So i do nothing...

Some time passes..., the instruction appears in my internet banking service, but they take no payment. Now, I refuse to be bullied into paying more for my service than I bargained for, so i figure, 'what the hell, I can tether to my phone for the internet, lets see where this goes'. [If you're still reading, I think you know where this is going], that's right, right down the toilet, and a demand for seventy sobs, and still no payment taken, via the DD facility, from my bank.

My question, which I am trying to answer, is twofold:

Can they do this, even though they have accepted my instructions to directly debit my account and the instruction remained in force until well after they terminated my service, and how do I get Moorcrafty DCA off of my back for this?

Woe is me.

cheers Abigail
    Last edited by iwantjuice; 26th June 2013, 14:18:PM. Reason: bad pelling punctuation [still bad]
    Tags: None

Re: Broadband ProviderFails To Collect Direct Debit, Cancels Service, Makes Charge

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Which ISP is involved, please?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Broadband ProviderFails To Collect Direct Debit, Cancels Service, Makes Charge

Thanks 'bluebottle', the ISP involved is British Telecom's, 'Plusnet'.

Comment

aka PusNet. uke:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X