• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Hi SB,

I can appreciate that this has been a difficult situation to deal with.

Although I can't make any guarantees I'd be happy to look into things further for you.

To enable me to do this could you email me via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy View Post
      Hi All,
      just spoke to Vodafone which was quite painful. It was an hour on the phone and I got nowhere (am at work still so not too happy). But, the plot thickens!
      They explained that the reason I can't log on to see my bills is because my number is cancelled, so I asked them to send me a copy of the last bill. They did that and the address they confirmed (current on my records) is one I moved from over a year ago! They have my current address as I am getting mail chasing this debt. So, they changed my address and I got a text telling me this - hope this adds to my case with offcom as it must show disorganisation?
      i asked if the calls were international or roaming and they were all international and made between 13th-21st march (inc 21st). My phone was stolen on the 13th, when I called Vodafone. I called them again on the 15th to request a PAC code!! So, they were still using my phone after (and probably during!) that call to Vodafone. I said this to them and they said it could take up to 10 days for the PAC code so the phone was still active.
      i then asked to pay for the line plus any calls except the Romanian and (after the umpteenth long pause on hold) I was told I had to deal with the debt agency. I explained that they probably wouldnt go through the bill to work out what I owed so the guy at Vodafone tried but then opted to email me the bill so I could work it out myself, then call the debt agency (he supplied the number) and deal with them directly.
      i waited a while for the email to arrive and when it did, it was the bill for the previous month. I'm happy to tell you all I paid £58.04 for February :-)
      so, I now have to either call Vodafone again (no chance today) or wait til I receive the paper bill and hope its for march (doubtful I think).
      the guy I spoke to was slow but helpful and I was (am always) polite.
      i have a reference number and name (yay!) for the call and I also have a bill for a temp phone from car phone warehouse on the 15th and a new contract set up waiting for the number to be changed.
      ok....I better do some work :-)
      best
      SB
      Hold on... If you told Vodafone that your phone had been stolen and they failed to block the handset, thereby allowing the thief to continue using your phone, you are only liable for calls up to the moment you informed Vodafone. Any calls thereafter are down to Vodafone's failure to act and they should bear the cost of that, not you. If you gave Vodafone a police crime reference number, IMHO, Vodafone are on a very sticky wicket, indeed, chasing you for the amount they are. Vodafone need to get their act together and comply with Consumer Protection legislation and stop behaving like a bunch of asses.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

BlueBottle

Sonny rang Vodafone but there is no trace of the call as yet,,BUT he DIDN'T report it to the police therefore has no crime number.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
          BlueBottle

Sonny rang Vodafone but there is no trace of the call as yet,,BUT he DIDN'T report it to the police therefore has no crime number.
          It shouldn't make any difference if he had a police crime reference number or not. That is purely for insurance purpose. If he has a record of the call he made to Vodafone informing them of the theft of his phone, Vodafone are on a sticky wicket if it was made on a landline or another mobile and a record exists of the call.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            It shouldn't make any difference if he had a police crime reference number or not. That is purely for insurance purpose. If he has a record of the call he made to Vodafone informing them of the theft of his phone, Vodafone are on a sticky wicket if it was made on a landline or another mobile and a record exists of the call.
            And therein lies the problem BB,,OP cannot remember where/what time he used a public payphone to report the theft,and Vodafone are insisting there is no record of the call.:noidea:

Comment

Hi All,
              BB and Inca highlight my issue. Once I called that day, I assumed that was it, not ever having had to this before or spoken to anyone else who had. So, I have no reference number for the call and it boils down to my word against vodafones. They do have a record of my call on the 15th though, and the Romanian calls continued for another 6 days after that but that call was to request the PAC code.
              Lee - thank you so much for offering to help, and I really hope you can.
              I am still at work (yes, I have to work weekends as well!!) but will do as you request later in the evening.
              I really do appreciate all the attention and help this forum has given :-)
              SB

Comment

Well done Puffalumps...and Ta for wading in xxxx + BB,,I didn't know the crime number was solely for insurance,so I've learnt something new Thanks

By any any remote chance Sonny did you mention the theft/loss on the 2nd phone call?? (am clutching at straws but hey,,sometimes we forget the devils in the detail)

Lee,,Can I just say,,the whole sorry saga is so 'out there' I cannot see anyone even imagining it let alone forming it as a cunning plan so anything you can pull out of the bag will be great

Comment

must say BB that if it states in the T&Cs of the OP's contract that he HAS to supply a CRN then theres not a lot even Lee can do about it.

Agree wholeheartedly that the IMEI bar should have been added without hesitation, my company can do this as long as the words LOST or STOLEN are used without doing security on the customer, but it needs to be removed by the account holder.

As for the notes on the account, if the OP was security checked there will be a marker on the account that someone has accessed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                    Well done Puffalumps...and Ta for wading in xxxx
                    you and Sonny are both incredibly welcome I don't have a great deal of financial knowledge but this is right up my street!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                      must say BB that if it states in the T&Cs of the OP's contract that he HAS to supply a CRN then theres not a lot even Lee can do about it.

Agree wholeheartedly that the IMEI bar should have been added without hesitation, my company can do this as long as the words LOST or STOLEN are used without doing security on the customer, but it needs to be removed by the account holder.

As for the notes on the account, if the OP was security checked there will be a marker on the account that someone has accessed it.
                      Point taken about the CRN in the T & Cs, Puff. It is also used for claiming on insurance - if held - for replacement of the handset, if not provided as part of a contract. It sounds like Vodafone need a good hard kick up their backsides.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        It shouldn't make any difference if he had a police crime reference number or not. That is purely for insurance purpose.
                        BB the OP did report this phone theft verbally to a Police Community Support Officer in the street who was sympathetic but dismissive of the hope of solving the crime. Would that PCSO be expected to have recorded the 'incident' anywhere (back at the police station) when he finished his shift :noidea:

Comment

Just a belated thank you to Lee for coming in on this one, forgot to say it earlier honey
                          Much appreciated, and thanks for responding to my PM so quickly

Comment

The blame here lies with the OP and the phone company ,why expect the PCSO to have recorded the alleged theft if the OP cannot remember time and phone box can he remember the PCSO name or number.Speaking as a mere idiot outsider i think the only option for the Op is to try and get the bill reduced if he can SAR vodaphone and get records of call and time thats a way forward,buts thats just my view

Comment

Hopefully Lee will be able to be the bearer of good news for Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                                BB the OP did report this phone theft verbally to a Police Community Support Officer in the street who was sympathetic but dismissive of the hope of solving the crime. Would that PCSO be expected to have recorded the 'incident' anywhere (back at the police station) when he finished his shift :noidea:
                                If the PCSO had followed proper protocol, he/she should have taken details of the crime in their pocketbook and radioed in the details or directed the OP to attend the police station and report the matter. I don't know what is becoming of the police service, but some of those who are supposed to be serving officers, holding a Crown Office - Yes, the office of Constable is a Crown Office - don't half spout bovine excrement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X