• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beware Virgin Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware Virgin Mobile

I have a Virgin pay-as-you go account which I've had for years.

Although I have a Sony Xperia phone I never use it to access the internet and wouldn't know how.

I've never gone online to check my call records until today where I found, to my horror, multiple charges for accessing the internet. The most recent charge listed was for ''accessing the internet'' at 10.49 this morning - only problem is I was at home where there is no mobile or 3G coverage whatsoever.

Of course I complained and they tried to fob me off by telling me smart phones often access the internet on their own accord to update themselves but couldn't explain how they could do that when there isn't a signal.

They offered me some free minutes but I insisted that they refund every charge (an average of 6 per month) for the last 18 months, and they did.
    Tags: None

Re: Beware Virgin Mobile

Very handy to know thank you. Virgin is by far the best round here for a signal,and I'vejust taken out two contracts. Will keep a close eye on the bills.

Comment

if you want to be 100% sure you cannot access the internet off your phone call the customer services and ask for a GPRS bar to be put on it (also known as a browsing bar).

If they start saying that its a bad idea, tell them that you will call them as soon as you need it lifted, and you are aware you will not be able to access your internet.

its easy done and has immediate effect.

Comment

Thanks, I got them to turn off my data function and I disabled it on my phone too.

Comment

I am on virgin mobile pay as you go as well. Only use my blackberry for text messaging primarily and the occasional phone call. I have recently started to get random reminders that my air time balance is very low dispite not having texted or phoned for several hours. I had one this morning at 8 am to say that as of 3.05 am today my airtime balance was ....

Needless to say that at 3.05 this morning I was fast asleep! I use to pay between £10 - £15 per month but that seems to be creeping up. Do I just call 789 to speak to someone?

Comment

yeh just hit 789 from your handset.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X