• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT Cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Cancellation

Greetings all,

I am with BT for my phone and broadband and sky for my TV now I have just had my BT bill for £191.34 and decided to work the average monthly cost this worked out at £54 using the last 4 bills.

Now adding on my sky bill it brings it up to £110 a mth this is way to expensive so I want to cancel BT and Sky and move onto virgin media as i can get all 3 with better service.

For instance the phone is anytime calls where as bt is evenings and weekends the broardband is a lot faster at 20mb where as im lucky to get 3 mg with BT AND hd tv all for £65 a mth

So with that as i am not under contract to BT or SKY what is the best way to cancel these without losing service during the swap over.

PF
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Re: BT Cancellation

What we did when we cut over to Virgin media was just tell sky and BT the disconnect date of one week over the date virgin gave us for the install. We had no contract any more so gave them 30 days notice. When Virgin did the install on the date they said the Tv and internet worked great except the engineer couldnt get the phone working and it took 4 days till it did, so having the BT line an extra week was a bit of a lifesaver there. Watch out with virgin though - 0844 and 0845 calls are not free like some of BTs packages and virgin charge a lot more than BT to call those numbers.
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

Re: BT Cancellation

thanks sharman im also looking at sky for broardband and phone
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X